ICE Krakow became a member of the AIPC
The ICE Krakow Congress Centre has been granted the status of a so-called provisional member for the year 2012 by the prestigious AIPC (l’Association Internationale Palais de Congres) association. “We will be able to apply for full membership when the building is transferred for use,” says Izabela Helbin, director of the Krakow Festival Office, the operator of ICE Krakow.
The AIPC association was founded in 1958, and its objective is to support and develop good practices in the area of managing congress centres. It forms an international network of 160 congress centres from 53 countries. More than 650 professionals in the field of congress centre management actively co-operate with the organisation. The association boasts broad knowledge and experience that are used in the framework activities supporting its members in their aspirations to develop their knowledge on administration, finances, technologies, employee training, marketing, customer communication and sustainable development.
AIPC’s framework activities include:
- conducting market research and analyses
- preparing trade publications
- conducting educational and training programmes (e.g. the AIPC Academy)
- conducting international activities related to PR and marketing within the conference industry
- supporting the exchange of experiences and information between the members of the association
- creating and developing standards of operation, including quality standards (AIPC Quality Standards)