Polish Congress Ambassadors the ambassadors were elected.
The programme of Polish Congress Ambassadors was created in order to effectively invite international conferences and congresses to Poland. It was initiated in 1998 by the Polish Conference and Congress Association and is currently being jointly implemented with the Polish Tourist Organisation. In May this year, new Ambassadors were elected, including 3 from Krakow.
On the 8th of May, during the meeting of the Council of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Programme, 16 new distinguished personalities, representing the scientific and business community, joined the group of Honorary Polish Congress Ambassadors, including 3 from Krakow! To date, the title of Congress Ambassador has been awarded to nearly 250 people, including over 45 from Krakow and Małopolska.
The title of Honorary Polish Congress Ambassador from Krakow was awarded to: Professor dr hab. n. med. Małgorzata Hubalewska-Dydejczyk, Professor Małgorzata Filip and Izabela Albrycht.
As a result of the discussion and voting by the Council, 16 people joined the group of Honorary Polish Congress Ambassadors:
Izabela Albrycht, Kościuszko Institute – Institute for European Integration – connected with the CYBERSEC European Cyber Security Forum, organised at ICE Kraków.
Prof. dr hab. Małgorzata Filip, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Zbigniew Gąsior, Chair and Clinic of Cardiology, Silesian Medical University in Katowice; Second Department of Cardiology, Upper Silesian Medical Centre in Katowice
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Małgorzata Hubalewska-Dydejczyk, Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Sergiusz Jóźwiak, Paediatric Neurology Clinic, Warsaw Medical University
Dr hab. Michał Lenartowicz, J. Piłsudski Academy of Physical Education in Warsaw
Prof. dr hab. Krzysztof Makowski, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Faculty of History, Institute of History
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Dariusz Matosiuk, Rector for Science at the Medical University of Lublin, Chair and Department of Synthesis and Chemical Technology of Pharmaceutical Substances
Dr hab. Jacek Misiurewicz, Warsaw University of Technology, Institute of Electronic Systems
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Konrad Rejdak, Independent Public Teaching Hospital No. 4 in Lublin
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Monika Rudzińska, Silesian Medical University in Katowice
Prof. dr hab. Kinga Suwińska, Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Piotr Szopiński, Clinic of Vascular Surgery, Institute of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine
Prof. dr hab. inż. Arkadiusz Wójs, Wrocław University of Technology, Institute of Physics
Dr hab. inż. Robert Wrembel, Poznań University of Technology, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute of Computer Science
Tomasz Zjawiony, Regional Chamber of Commerce in Katowice
Moreover, the title of Polish Congress 2018 was awarded to the sponsor of the Open Eyes Economy Summit – an event which has been held since its inception at the ICE Kraków Congress Centre. It is a Fortum Power and Heat Polska Sp. z o.o. company.
Additionally, the Council decided to award a special distinction to the Patron of the Polish Congress Ambassadors Gala 2017 to Concept Music Art Sp. z o.o., for providing technological and logistical support for the Gala 2017 in ICE Kraków and for creating a comprehensive multimedia concept referring to the works of Stanisław Wyspiański.
The Council deliberated in the following line-up:
• Dr Alicja Adamczak, President of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
• Małgorzata Bartosik, Acting CEO, European Wind Energy Association
• Dr Krzysztof Celuch, Head of the Poland Convention Bureau of the Polish Tourist Organisation
• Dr Jerzy Chmiel, President of the Polish Section of the International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts
• Paula Fanderowska, Vice President of the Polish Conference and Congress Association
• Prof. dr. hab. Janusz Lipkowski , President of the Warsaw Scientific Society
• Ewa Mańkiewicz-Cudny, President of the Polish Federation of Engineering Associations NOT – Chief Technical Organisation (vote cast electronically)
• Wojciech Maria Marchwica, Plenipotentiary of the Director of the Fryderyk Chopin Institute for the Image of Chopin / Institute of Musicology of the Jagiellonian University
• Prof. dr hab. n. med. Bohdan Maruszewski, President of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation and Head of the Cardiac Surgery Clinic of the Children’s Memorial Health Institute.
• Jan Mazurczak, President of the Management Board of Poznań Convention Bureau (vote cast electronically)
• Prof. dr. hab. inż. Marek Pawelczyk, Vice-Rector for Science and Development, Silesian University of Technology, Chairman of the Council
• Elżbieta Penderecka, President of the Ludwig van Beethoven Association (vote cast electronically)
• Małgorzata Przygórska-Skowron, Head of the lecture, Congress Bureau/Cracow Convention Bureau
• Ireneusz Węglowski, President of the Chamber of Commerce of Polish Hotel Industry (vote cast electronically)
• Piotr Wilczek, Chairman of the Programme Council of the SKKP (vote cast electronically)
More information can also be found on the Krakow Convention Bureau website: https://convention.krakow.pl/hot/219978,223,komunikat,ambasadorowie_kongresow_polskich_2018_.html